Aïoli represents for me the Provençal savoir-vivre. When we say “aïoli” we hear the singing accent of its Inhabitants. We think of the sun shining in a pristine, deep blue sky. We can already see a beautiful patio overlooking olive trees and pine forests. A table and its chairs with loops and undulations made off wrought iron, invite us to sit down. The Mistress of the house soon brings her aioli, it is her own recipe, it is unique. She made it with love for her guests who will soon enjoy it.
I invite you in my turn to offer yourself my aioli. As for every Provencal home, it is a recipe that I have created in my own image. It is healthy, delicious, plant-based and raw. I know that you will have in heart to realize it with love, for yourself or your close relations. You will accompany it with the most beautiful vegetables that you can find at your Farmer’s market. This is to both complete the delight of the palate with the one of the eyes. How you cut them enhances their natural colors and shapes. Let’s play with contrasts in flavors and textures. It’s a fun dish, let’s explore!
Raw Vegan Aioli
For the Aioli sauce
- 1,5 cup cashew flour (blend whole cashews for a few seconds)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2,5 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2,5 cups your selection of in-season vegetables, nicely cut
- Blend together all the ingredients until you reach a homogeneous texture.
- Place in the fridge while you prepare the vegetables.
- Nicely cut your selection of organic in-season vegetables, with a variety of colours, textures and shapes.I used here so-called "ancient varieties" like choggia beetroot, yellow and purple carrots, "red meat" radish, then mushrooms, capers and olives.
I hope this recipe will make you want to try these Provencal flavors in this new, lively, sunny form! Cooking is traveling. If you are not lucky enough to live in here, please during the time of your preparation think about Provence : its warmth, its sweet life, the beauty of its landscapes, the aroma of its pine forest… Let yourself be carried away, and you will soon see your hands have done the rest 😉
Have a wonderful trip ! 🙂
All you can cook with only those 6 raw food groups, go to this post to hear more about it 😉